Saturday, November 10, 2007

Holidays Second destination Jogjakarta 28 - 29 Oct 2007




Soooo… finally arrived in Jogja after bus to solo then to jogja, 23.30 we arrived, our friend Agam picked us up and took us to Delta hotel click here to see the room and rate: http://www.yogyes.com/en/yogyakarta-hotel/budget/delta-homestay nice budget place with swimming pool though I didn’t have time to swim :( too lazy to wake up early on my holiday :P Agam said prawirotaman area where the hotel is like jaksa in Jakarta, but its much nicer and cheaper I would say.

Went to have kopi jos, typically jogja coffee, after late checked in at the hotel. Would have been much better coffee with less sugar!! It was too sweet, Javanese style… Have been having coffee with lil sugar even without sugar lately so when I had too much sugar in my coffee I could hardly taste the coffee… Catched up a bit with agam there then we went back to hotel and sleep.

The next day, woke up shower time then time to go to Borobudur, we got there at 11.00hr damn it was HOT!!!!!! Left Borobudur and go back to town for lunch… Gudeg jogja!!! Hhuuuhhhhh yummy, so different with gudeg I sometimes have in Jakarta.

After late lunch, we continued our trip to Tamansari, finally I’ve been there!!!:) Then the guide took us to hidden mosque? Around there…. Before Tamansari we stopped by the park behind the Keraton (kingdom palace) where there is 2 big Beringin tree in the middle and people said if you could walk through the middle of the tree with your eyes closed you will have your wish come true. Sounds easy to walk straight with your eyes closed???? Sounds easy for me but I couldn’t make when I tried 10 years ago. But I didn’t try again, only Aline did, in the middle of the rain with orange umbrella, she could have made it…. Almost!!!! Next time…

That’s all about Jogja guys!!!! We ended up our trip at Via-via café for some drinks in Prawirotaman street before we went to the airport for Bali!!!!!

To be continued…

4 comments: