Sunday, January 20, 2008

HC - CS Gathering - 10 Jan 08




HC = www.hospitalityclub.org
CS = www.couchsurfing.com

Was a fun day, met lots of new people, new friendly people.
Was hosting Polish couple who is on honeymoon around the world for 6months...
Really nice couple... was such a pleasure to host them and such a pleasure to meet other HC-CS member in jakarta such a fun people, we had lots of laugh sharing their traveling experience, culture differences, also sharing about to host and to be hosted (to be guest). Met local people, met them for dinner, drinks or having them showing around their city.
HC-CS friends in Jakarta thanks for arranging that extremely delightful meeting!!! Hahahhaha delightful is so my fave word now LOL

Second time hosting from HC people and 1 time hosted by HC people. Been hosted also by Australian fam during working as tour leader last Jul and Dec. Don’t host too much for I prefer to host during weekend. Mostly only met them for dinner or some drinks or showing around Jakarta or help them to book hotel or transportation from airport to the city (especially in the nite for no damri bus to avoid hassle at the airport, just to make not too bad experience for the first time arriving in our country) :P:) .

Met some HC member in Bandung when I went there Dec 06 and met 1 Indonesian girl just graduated from university then traveling around Europe 13 countries for few months and enjoyed meeting new friendly people and being hosted from HC.

How do I know this??
One nite in 2005 me and my friends met 1 Ducth and 1 Austrian at BFC and he told us about HC and told me his traveling stories for more than 6months. I remember 1 comment from my first time I join HC and ask people to join, 1 of my friend said “invite stranger to ur home? Good idea?” something like that. Honestly, kinda scared me also when he said that…But at the end it was mostly nice new experience... :)

Don’t travel too much so when I met them and listen to their traveling stories, made me feels like travelin without moving, without air ticket, without visa but as well makes u wanna travel more and see more. Like, before the only asia country I always wanted to go is Thailand for the beautiful beaches then i heard from them about Phillipines and saw their pics there woooowww, cant stop thinking about going there now..

But hey first… VISIT INDONESIA 2008!!!!!!!! ;)
We have such a beautiful country to explore……

1 comment:

  1. It's such a nice way to bring people together - hosts and guests, travelers and locals.
    Bringing travelers in touch with people in the place they visit, and by giving "locals" a chance to meet people from other cultures. =D

    ReplyDelete